I was excited to take on this challenge put to me by Jim Cordery. I realize it may take some time, but I have found the challenge, originally put out by Andrew Sharos to be fun and a great way to connect with fellow educators.
Eleven Facts About Me You May Not Know
1. Jim, I saw Milli Vanilli in concert in 1989 and it was a great show!
2. I put on my pj’s and slippers as soon as I get home and do all that I can not to put on people clothes again until I go to work the next day.
3. I once solves the Rubix Cube in under a minute.
4. Last summer my wife convinced me to go see The New Kids On The Block. The tour was called, are you ready for this, The Package.
5. I use only two fingers when I type.
6. I tear up at the end of most cartoon movies because they are so darn sentimental.
7. My second year in education I taught the 1st grade.
8. I had a dog named Booth who passed away last year. He was an amazing friend for over 16 years.
9. I use three to four pillows when I sleep.
10. I do not watch or read any news because it is too depressing. I do watch ESPN and The Good News Network.
11. I can not wait for Simon Sinek’s Leaders Eat Last to be delivered to my house.
My Responses To Jim’s Questions
1. If you were not in education, what would be your career choice?
I have always said that I would love to open my own coffee shop. I could be the barista, the host and just make coffee and talk all day with all of my wonderful customers
2. What is your favorite book?
My favorite book is The Road by Cormac McCarthy. I try to read it each Christmas break if I am able. I find the bond and love between the father and son to be the most powerful thing I have ever read.
3. What is your favorite meal?
Cracker Barrel: chicken and dumplins, mashed potatoes with gravy, whole kernel corn, green beans, biscuits and corn bread. Oh yeah, I have had this before and I have been waiting for someone to ask me this question my whole life.
4. What song do you not want people to know you secretly sing in the car?
I actually enjoy singing One Direction songs in the car with my wife, daughter and 2-year-old son. No song in particular is my favorite and to be quite honest I am always singing in the hallways at school, despite the fact that I can’t sing a lick.
5. What is your favorite movie or TV show?
My favorite movie is Imagine That. Eddie Murphy stars as a father who eventually learns what it means to be a dad. I have always wanted to bring fathers in to school to watch the movie and then have some follow-up discussion.
6. If you were ever stranded on a deserted island, what 3 things would you want with you?
I would say my wife and two kids but they are not things. So, I would want my computer with internet access so I could continue to Tweet and blog, coffee and a comfortable bed to sleep on.
7. If you could invite any 3 people (dead or living) to dinner, who would it be and why?
I would invite my father because he died when I was 29 and I miss him everyday. I would invite I would invite Todd Whitaker because he is smart and funny at the same time. Finally, I would invite Kevin Hart because he makes me laugh harder than any human being on the planet.
8. Where would I love to visit if money was no object?
I would visit Charleston, South Carolina. It is the place where my wife and I fell in love.
9. Do you prefer eating appetizers or do you save room for dessert?
I prefer appetizers because sugar gives me a headache. My new thing is soft pretzel sticks.
10. How do you wind down when work gets stressful?
If I am at school I just look at the pictures of my family and know that I will be spending time with them soon. If I am at home, I blog, tweet and read other’s posts.
11.What is your favorite musical band?
I guess right now it would be One Direction. I enjoy singing their songs with my wife, daughter and son. This is confidential right?
Here Is My List Of 11 Bloggers (in no order)
1. Oliver Schinkten
2. Anne Bilko
3. Jerod Phillips
4. James Redman
5. Kevin Green
6. Shaun Harper
7. Tammy Neil
8. Elizabeth Calhoon
9. Justin Baeder
10. Reggie Perry
11. Todd Whitaker
The Following Are My Eleven Questions:
1. Starbucks or Dunkin Donuts?
2. What is your one big thing you want to accomplish in the new year?
3. What was your favorite movie of 2103?
4. For or against Common Core?
5. What book are you reading right now?
6. Are you a night owl or an early riser?
7. What in education did you change your mind on this year and why?
8. How funny is Will Ferrell?
9. What would your name be if you were a rapper?
10. How much time do you spend on Twitter each day?
11. What is your favorite picture book?